Monday, September 24, 2007

Houston PD: Out of Control

In an abc13.com story, it is reported that the Houston Police Department has been involved in 661 pursuits this year, which ended in 216 collisions. You can read the story HERE.

As of today, HPD can pursue at will. The policy is currently "under review." It has been "under review" for a year and a half... A year and a half? Let's do some math.

In 8+ months there have been 661 pursuits.

That is over 82 pursuits a month.

Carry the 2... That is at least ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SIX pursuits since the review committee began looking at the policy.

The husband of an innocent victim who is suing the HPD said it best: "They should have done something a long time ago... That's why I am doing what I am doing. I want them to do something now. I don't want anyone else to go through what I've gone through."